I’ve always felt that one of the easiest ways to switch your look with changing seasons is by trying some new makeup. The bright pops of pink, peach and neon of summer just don’t work through fall and winter. So, I took inspiration right off the runways and collected some of my favorite new trends in makeup for this post.
Since good makeup products can be quite expensive and trends can change drastically from one season to another, I picked items below $25.
- Estee Lauder Eyebrow Pencil for the strong brow that could actually be attributed to the phenomenon that is Cara Delevingne. Fashion industry’s big names, including Prabal Gurung and Chanel, favored the look on the runway.
- Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner is one of my favorites for creating the perfect cat-eye. Seen in a futuristic version for Christian Dior, a strong, statement eye for Anna Sui and a dramatic, blue for Jason Wu.
- Estee Lauder Powder Shadow will add that pop of color to your look. Emerald and orange frequented the runway with Givenchy and BCBG.
- NARS Nail Polish in silver is an easy and low-key way to incorporate the metallic trend into your wardrobe.
- MAC Lipstick in Russian Red and Cyber will get you runway-ready with minimum effort. Seen in collections from Zac Posen and Vera Wang.